BARRICK (NIUGINI) LIMITED
P.O Box 484, Mt. Hagen, WHP
Wabag, EN, Papua New Guinea Phone
: +675 5443 056
Engineer, Engineering Underground (NS_68)
- Job ID:
Wabag, EN, Papua New Guinea
- Engineering Jobs, Management Jobs, Trades-Services Jobs
- Job Views:
- Job Description:
- Barrick (Niugini) Limited ("BNL") is a company incorporated in Papua New Guinea, and operates the Porgera Gold Mine in Enga Province on behalf of the Porgera Joint Venture partners. BNL is an independently managed company and is jointly owned through an equal partnership between Barrick Gold and Zijin Mining Group. The Porgera Gold Mine employs over 2,500 Papua New Guineans, and over the life of the mine it has contributed approximately 10% of Papua New Guinea’s total annual exports.
The Porgera Joint Venture now has a vacancy for qualified and experienced individual for the position of Engineer, Engineering Underground:
Reporting to the Senior Production/Project Engineer – Underground, the incumbent will be part of the drill and blast section and primarily responsible for carrying out stope designs. This position works closely with operations, geology and all other mine engineering disciplines. The role may involve doing underground project work as required. A strong team focus is required with the ability to complete work ahead of deadlines.
- Carry out tasks as directed by the Senior Engineers
- Develop weekly/monthly schedules for project tasks in conjunction with production weekly/monthly schedules
- Ensure all stope designs are completed in time and in line with the monthly schedule with all supporting documentation.
- Review stope note packages
- Maintain engineering design stocks ahead of operational requirements
- Liaise with relevant departments in order to complete designs efficiently and effectively
- Maintain a high level of health and safety awareness and comply with the PJV Occupational Health & Safety Policy and all health and safety rules and procedures
- Job Requirements:
- The ideal candidate must have:
- Degree in Mining Engineering.
- 4 plus years’ experience in underground mining including experience in underground ventilation, drill and blast, and project roles
- Well-developed communication and technical skills
- Strong safety focus
- Ability to work well in a team and meet short term deadlines
- Computer skills in MS Office, AutoCad, Minesight or similar mine design software experience
- Strong report writing and presentation skills
NB: ALL APPLICATIONS MUST HAVE AN UP TO DATE POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE (WITHIN THE LAST 6 MONTHS).
If you possess the ambition and drive to build a career with the Porgera Joint Venture, forward your application and resume before the 20th January, 2017 to: The Recruitment Team, Porgera Joint Venture Email: PHRCoordinator@porgerajv.com or Phone: (+675) 547 8912/545 3056 for more information. Emailed job applications are encouraged.
The Porgera Gold Mine has up to 3,000 employees of both Papua New Guinea nationals and expatriates from across the globe. We operate a full boarding and lodging facility which includes accommodation, messing facilities, and recreational facilities which includes a state-of- the-art gymnasium, and a 24-hour medical centre. We have a FIFO operation working on a 21 days on and 14 days off roster.
That’s what you want!