SENIOR GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEER - DESIGN
The Mining Business Unit is seeking a suitably qualified and experienced person for the Senior Geotech Engineer role. Reporting to the Superintendent Geotechnical Engineering, you will form part of the Mine Technical Services Department team and be responsible for geotechnical support to the Mine Technical Services Department.
We are looking for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to be responsible for rock mass and structural data collection, analysis, interpretation and monitoring/design. This role is a great opportunity to manage the active geotechnical programs with all surface mining activities and includes:
• Planning, executing and analysing key geotechnical issues that affect Ok Tedi Mine, which includes Performance monitoring, Geotechnical hazard management and Slope reconciliation with design
• Handling geotechnical design work as needed to meet operational requirements which includes data consolidation, analysis, review and reporting
• Maintaining, reviewing and continuously improving geotechnical design process, design implementation and databases
• Handling role-specific accountabilities as captured under the OTML Ground Control Management Plan
• Taking the lead to ensure that safety initiatives are supported and geotechnical personnel are actively participating and compliant with the OTML Health, Safety and Environment standards
~~To succeed in this role, you will have:
• Undergraduate degree in Geotechnical, Geological, Mining or Civil Engineering is essential
• Master degree would be a preferred
• At least 10 years relevant operating and technical experience
• Relevant industry training in the fields of Geotechnical Engineering
• 3 to 5 years’ experience with radar based Slope monitoring systems
• Knowledge of Geotechnical software packages
• Interpersonal effectiveness across cultures and management levels
It will also be beneficial if you have:
• Leadership, project experience, excellent verbal and written communication, adaptability, accountability, computer literacy, and problem solving skills
• A good understanding of cultural diversity and project delivery through a multicultural team and experience
• Some knowledge of Hydrogeology and Surface water management
• Experience in managing slope instability
This is a challenging role requiring enthusiasm, a commitment to safety in the workplace and a high degree of self-direction.
If this role appeals, please express your interest by sending your résumé to the Recruitment Advisor, Human Resources, Ok Tedi Mining Limited, P. O. Box 506, Port Moresby, PNG or on e-mail: JoinUs@oktedi.com by 16h December, 2016.